If you are a working mum or dad, then home gym can be a blessing to you. You will not have to hire a babysitter every time you go to the gym, you will not have to waste 20-30 minutes driving there, etc. However, buying equipment to set-up your home gym can be very confusing. Fortunately, we are here to help you out. We have made a list of all must- haves for your gym room.
Top 7 Must-haves for you:
- Vinyl Dumbbell sets: You definitely need this if you want to get those biceps and triceps during summer. These are really helpful and the most primary equipment that every gym needs. You can also get yourself adjustable dumbbells which come with a storage rack too.
- Yoga Mats: Due to all the sweating for your workout, you will start sliding on the floor. You can end up getting hurt by that. Always perform the workouts (mainly the push-ups, planks, stretches etc.) on a yoga mat which will prevent you from slipping on the floor.
- Sports Earbuds: You need to get a sports earbud when you go walking or running or doing the cardio. Music is the thing which will give you the motivation to keep going, and it will also make the workout less boring.
- Jump Ropes: These are the best equipment to get you all warmed up. It’s great for cardio and will get your heart rate pumping. You can also get a weighted jump rope which will take your jump ropes workout to the next level. Make sure you clear the area before starting, or you will end up hitting other objects.
- Foam Roller: You definitely need this equipment for those back-muscle pains. After doing some intense workout for 3 days straight, you might want to give your body a day to relax. Use a foam roller to do that. Simply lay down in front of the Television and start rolling. Check out a method on how you can make a foam roller at home and save yourself 30 bucks.
- Medicine Ball: This equipment can definitely help you increase the intensity of your workouts. You can use the medicine ball to take your squats to the next level. Try to get a soft medicine ball which will not do damage if you hit it on the T.V or anywhere by mistake.
- Treadmill: We all know that running burns a whole lot of calories and pumps up your leg muscles. A Treadmill is one of the must-haves for your home gym. You never know how the weather is going to be, it might start raining too heavily which will sabotage your running. Get a treadmill and do the running inside your room.
Read more: Best Home Gym Equipment
Starting your home gym is an amazing idea, but buying all the equipment at once will cost you a lot of money but will eventually save you a lot in the long run. Go over Lending Tree loan and get yourself a personal loan online. We hope this article will help you out, an let us know how you made your home gym on the comments below!
Guest post by Dennis Eivan Martin