Creatine is one of the most useful ingredients in many pre workout supplements. However, there are also those who can’t take it. If you are one of them, check Observer for a list of the best pre workout supplements in the market.
If you’re one of those who can’t take the ingredient for some reasons (ex. you already have a separate supplement with it or you don’t want to experience some of its side effects like bloating) then rest assured that there are pre workout supplements without creatine in the market.
To help you find the best pre workout supplement without creatine, we provide the top five reviews that are guaranteed to help you achieve your desired goals.
Reasons To Take Pre Workout Supplement Without Creatine
Creatine is useful because it makes energy available for your muscles during a workout. This is a huge help in growing back failing muscles and making them much larger and stronger.
However, there are times when you need to let go of a supplement containing creatine as it also has negative effects on the body. Some of these secondary effects can even contradict your training goals.
While these effects are not extremely harmful to your health, some of them can prevent you from reaching your workout goals. One is that since creatine is quite hygroscopic, it also tends to hold and attract water.
This often results in less defined muscle and weight gain. That said, it would be wise to let go of pre-workout supplements containing it and go for those that don’t use it as one of their ingredients.
What to Look for in a Pre workout Supplement Without Creatine?
In your search for the best creatine free pre-workout supplement, it is necessary to check its major components. Here are just some of the many things you ought to look for in the supplement:
Strength and power boosters – Make sure to look for a pre-workout supplement containing ingredients guaranteed to boost your strength and power. Some of these ingredients are betaine and beta-alanine – both of which can help strengthen your muscles and increase their power.
Energy boosters – Your pre-workout supplement should also provide you with the energy that you need to perform your workout. Energy boosters can improve your endurance without overly stimulating your central nervous system.
Stimulants – Of course, you would want to take a supplement, which is rich in stimulants, especially if you want to take it prior to your workout. However, you need to avoid taking one, which can overstimulate you and your senses.
What you have to do is to find a supplement with genuine energy-boosting and strength-boosting nutrients. That way, you have an assurance that it won’t have any negative effects on you.
Muscle Builders – Some ingredients in a pre-workout supplement without creatine can also help build muscles. Look for those with ingredients that can build your muscles, increase your strength and speed up your recovery process after a workout.
Tips for Buying the Best Pre-workout Supplement without Creatine
Let go of those with too many ingredients – If you notice that a supplement contains too many ingredients, some of which you can’t even pronounce, then consider it as a red flag. Note that it could mean that their dosages are small, causing them to be ineffective.
Go for one that does not contain too many ingredients. Make sure that you are also familiar with the ingredients as this might indicate that it’s also an effective product.
Read reviews – Product reviews are the best sources of unbiased information regarding a certain product. Take time to read and consult reviews prior to trying a supplement.
However, make sure that these reviews are written by experienced lifters. The reviewers should be reliable enough that you can expect them to provide comprehensive and honest information about the supplement and their experience.
Check the seller’s information – Take time to research not only about the product but also its seller. If possible, choose to buy from a top seller, especially one who holds that reputation for a long time. It indicates that many people trust him, as well as his products.
Assess the Cost + Serving for Each Container – Always assess the cost per serving when shopping for a good pre-workout supplement without creatine. Note that this factor indicates how much a product genuinely costs.
Determine the number of workouts you need to perform weekly then compute the length of time the supplement will most likely last. Remember that there’s no need for you to take one on those days when you don’t train.
The most important tip in selecting the best pre-workout supplement is to base your final decision on your fitness goals and budget. Conduct research and use the knowledge you gathered to find the best product for you.
Study the labels of the supplement as well. Also, research about the experience of other people when using the supplement. To help you make the selection process even more manageable, we have clubbed in five of the best pre-workout supplements with creatine.
Pre-workout Supplements without Creatine Reviews
**Below, you'll find more detailed reviews, however you can also click the links above to see current prices and customers's reviews on Amazon.
Red Leaf Pre-workout supplement gains a lot of attention lately because it is well-formulated without the need for creatine. What makes it distinctive is its nice cranberry-lime flavor.
The flavor is in powder form, which you need to mix to mix with water, or any other beverage, so you can take it before your workout. One of the ingredients used in this product is beta-alanine, which is extremely useful in delivering carnosine into your muscles.
This is beneficial for both men and women as it aids in reducing fatigue while also intensifying their fuel, which is necessary for working out. It also contains amino acids – all of which can feed your muscles while also providing enough support for your workout and letting you recover fast.
The cranberry extract used in this product also increases its antioxidant properties, giving you enough protection. It also has green tea extract, which does not only increase its antioxidant content but also enhance the supplement’s fat burning ability.
Other ingredients used in the product are caffeine, which is useful in boosting your energy, and raspberry ketones designed to improve your body’s fat burning ability. As mentioned earlier, it is free of creatine.
- Does not have any harsh stimulants
- Caffeine is only around 40mg, which is not that excessive
- Less expensive when compared to other pre-workout supplements
- Works for both men and women, although you can expect it to produce better results for women
- Provides a healthy combination of nutrients and antioxidants
- Has a better taste – expect it to have a nice cranberry-lime flavor
- Does not cause overstimulation unlike other supplements
- Lessens muscle fatigue, allowing you to work out longer and harder
- Powder can be quickly mixed into water – no aftertaste and clumps as well
- Does not work for everyone – Some users do not experience increase in energy or performance during their workout.
- Not that strong, so it is safe to say that it just seems like a pre-workout supplement for beginners
- Has minor side effects, like itchiness, but these effects usually happen only at the beginning of taking the supplement
Legion Pulse pre-workout supplement promises to provide you with the energy and pump you need to perform your workout. It also helps provide your mind, muscles, and body the stamina and motivation they need to continue working out.
It also contains several useful ingredients. One is caffeine, which serves as a stimulant capable of boosting your endurance and muscle strength. Then there is theanine, which aims to relieve physical stress while also keeping your mind alert.
- (Read more: Best Caffeine Free Pre Workout Supplement)
It also contains ornithine, an amino acid that aims to reduce fatigue, especially when you are performing a longer workout. It is also a huge help in increasing the fat burning capacity of your body as well as the production of growth hormone.
This pre-workout supplement aims to reduce fatigue, improve blood flow and energy, sharpen your mental focus and improve your muscles’ endurance when working out. It is also designed in such a way that you will maintain your strength all throughout your workout.
It is 100% scientifically derived and it does not contain any artificial sweeteners, unnecessary fillers, and dyes. The energy that it provides is also long-lasting.
- Capable of backing up their formula with reliable research
- All-natural supplement, which means that it does not have any unnatural and unnecessary ingredients
- All ingredients are designed to provide you with long-term energy and fight fatigue
- Contains caffeine in just the right amount – stimulating you just right and increasing the strength and endurance of your muscles
- Manufacturers provide a money-back guarantee
- No need to worry about crash, jitters, and rashes
- Has ornithine, which can improve your physical performance and capacity
- A bit costly – It is more expensive than the other pre-workout mixes in the market
- Some minor side effects during the first use – One is a tingling sensation that might affect your hands or face.
- Energy produced is often too high, causing some to not being able to calm down after taking their required dose for the day
One thing promised by this pre-workout supplement is to give you your desired pumps, strength and energy. Being the first two-stage pre-workout supplement introduced into the world, this product aims to continuously provide you with ingredients that can improve your performance when working out.
You can also use it when you are planning to attend competitive events – some of which require strength and excellent physical performance. The product contains natural yet potent ingredients designed to boost pumps, energy, and strength via elevated levels of NO2.
It has several valuable ingredients namely beta alanine, L-citrulline malate, L-arginine and L-carnitine tartrate. The good thing about the ingredients is that their doses per serving are clearly indicated, making the product more trustworthy.
It also makes use of a 2-stage pre-workout matrix. The first one is the go-to performance stage composed of the ingredients mentioned earlier. The second stage involves the use of D-aspartic acid, as well as additional energy boosters.
Vintage Blast also has stimulants that are split between the two mentioned stages. As a whole, this great-tasting supplement can provide you with clean and nice energy with its clean and natural ingredients list.
- Can help you produce a tasty and refreshing drink that you can use to pump up yourself for your workouts
- It easily mixes with water.
- Everyone can enjoy it even vegetarians.
- It follows a holistic approach – This means that it contains all-natural ingredients and does not contain GMO and other chemical solvents.
- Has a hint of sweetness, making it easier to drink – The sweetener used is the all-natural Stevia.
- It can provide you with energy from the start up to the end of your workout.
- In comparison to other supplements, it does not let you experience excessive high then intense low in an instant.
- It is not addictive.
- You still need to mix it with water before consuming it.
- High chance of expiring because it is only possible for you to take it during a sports event or training session
SHEER N.O. Nitric Oxide Booster claims to have scientifically proven and potent ingredients designed to increase the production of nitric oxide in your body. Nitric Oxide is extremely useful because of its contribution to bodybuilding.
As one of the main components of SHEER N.O. Nitric Oxide Booster, it is no longer surprising why its manufacturers claim that it can produce significant muscle gains and improve strength and endurance. It also promises to increase energy for your workout, improve your heart health, and have higher sexual confidence and better erections.
One of the ingredients used in the product is the L-arginine HCL. This aims to improve your blood flow, allowing your muscles to receive enough nutrients and oxygen. It also has L-arginine AKG, which can improve your ability to tolerate arduous exercises.
The said ingredient is also known to help you work out longer and harder, increase your strength, build lean muscle and improve your circulation. Other ingredients used are beetroot extract and Citrulline Malate.
Another thing that you will notice from this supplement is its ability to boost male performance. The fact that it increases blood flow into your muscles can also help improve your sexual and male performance.
- Focuses more on the production of nitric oxide, which is good for the body
- Good for the body as it helps speed up muscle growth, improves muscle pump and promotes a healthier heart
- Contains arginine, which helps in improving blood flow while also reducing blood pressure
- Relieves fatigue and improves energy and endurance while you are in a gym
- Contains beetroot extract, a powerful NO2 booster that works naturally
- Stimulates muscle growth and strength
- Improves heart health and immunity
- Enhances sexual performance
- Comes with a money-back guarantee, which can provide you with more peace of mind
- Safe for bodybuilding and fitness enthusiasts
- Effects are milder than other products – This makes it a better option for beginners.
- A bit inconsistent in terms of its effects
With its watermelon flavor, Alpha Gx7 Pre-workout Maximized Energy is probably one of the most flavorful pre-workout supplements in the market today. It also packs a lot of power because of its high beta-alanine and citrulline content.
The combination gives you energy within just a few minutes of taking it. Most, if not all, of the ingredients used in the supplement, are also designed to give you strength, focus, and drive.
The supplement seems to target energy, focus, stamina, pumps and a bit of recovery based on the formula it uses. It has a label saying maximized energy, and it seems like it can really deliver what it promises.
It also provides testosterone support. It is because it has a great dosage of standardized and high-quality Mucuna. The good thing about increasing testosterone is that it also aids in stimulating anabolic growth.
Only science-based ingredients are also used in the product – one of which is L-carnitine, which can’t only provide several exercise recovery benefits but also fat burning ability. There is also taurine, which is a powerful antioxidant for the brain.
- Ideal for anyone wishing to achieve focus, strength, and intensity
- Offers testosterone support
- Has a great flavor, making it a good choice for those who want to be motivated to take it regularly
- Great set of ingredients – The ingredients are also well-researched and guaranteed to provide you with the benefit you expect
- Helpful in increasing pumps and energy and boosting your energy
- Focuses on recovery
- Available at a reasonable price
- Provides just mild pumps, so there is a great chance that it won’t work exactly as advertised
- Some of the premium ingredients are under-dosed, making it quite difficult to maximize their individual benefits
- Can give some tingling sensation on the face
Based on the information presented above, Red Leaf Pre-Workout Energizer seems to be the best choice if you are in search of a good pre workout supplement without creatine. It makes use of a good formula, has a nice set of quality ingredients plus it delivers what it promises to its customers.
In fact, you can see a lot of positive reviews from the product. It is not also too expensive compared to other products. This makes it a good choice for those on a budget.
Still, the final choice is up to what you really need. Study the benefits you’d like to get, as well as some other factors, like your budget, to ensure that you pick a product, which really suits you.