Not all of us have the opulence of living by an ocean. Most people are living in a landlocked place. If you too are living far from the ocean but dream about having that beach perfect surfer body, then you might want to read this article. As per the longboard critic, you can lose weight and get the surfer physic using a longboard.
How a longboard makes you fit and helps in losing weight:
1. It is a good Cardio: Cardio is something everyone needs to do if they want to stay fit and healthy. Any kind of exercise can be considered as cardio as long as it makes your heart beat faster.
Longboard is a perfect equipment which will help you do that. It will make your heart beat faster which will help to make your cardiovascular system stronger. This increases the oxygen intake in your body and burns fat. Apart from elevating your heartbeat, longboard also helps in improving your lung capacity and builds good stamina.
2. Burning Calories: Longboarding for 60 minutes can help you burn 300 to 400 calories in an average human body, so if you perform longboarding consistently throughout the week, you will end up burning about 2100 to 3000 calories per week. 1 pound is about 3500 calories; therefore, you can lose about 0.5 to 1 pound every week. You can increase this amount by taking a healthy diet. Good food with 1-hour longboarding every day can help you lose up to 2 pounds every week.
3. Losing weight: The main reason for using a longboard to lose weight is simply because it is fun! Longboard is one of the most fun things to do at any age. It is so satisfying to roam the roads using it, and it also helps you avoid traffic easily since it is small and barely takes any space.
Thus, if you use a longboard, you will not require any extra motivation for working out. It would be so fun that you would want to go longboarding every single day!
4. Increases Strength: In spite of helping you to lose weight, longboarding will also strengthen the muscles of your body. With longboarding, every day is Leg day.
You will have to stand with one leg on the board and use the other one to push, balance, pump, brake and make the turns. This is a lot of leg exercise, and after you start longboarding, you will slowly realize your leg muscles are starting to get tighter and stronger.
5. Improves your balance: Improving your balance is one of the best things longboarding can offer you. Along with losing weight and strengthening your muscles, it also improves your body balance to a great extent. It is an amazing thing to do if you want to increase your body coordination.
6. Longboard exercises: A longboard can also help you do several exercises with it such as longboard pushup or longboard planks, etc. One good exercise you can do using longboard is: start by placing a mat on the floor and go in the plank position.
It will be like a regular plank but your legs should be on top of a longboard. Slide your legs up along with the longboard and touch your chest, and slide your legs down. Inhale as you bend with it and exhale as you release. These kinds of exercises help you in strengthening the core muscles and improving your balance.
To Sum It Up
In spite of the fact that longboarding can help you lose weight, increase strength etc., you should be very careful while using one. It is best to wear a helmet, so you do not end up hitting your head if you fall. Remember that precaution is always better than cure! Start longboarding today, and have fun!
Guest post by Craig Sorech from Longboardcritic.com