Vitamins and minerals are considered the basic building blocks of your body. Regularly consuming vitamins and minerals can boost your bodily functions, which allows you to achieve optimal health.
Since not everyone can prepare a well-balanced meal, more people are now relying on multivitamins. Taking multivitamins regularly is an easier alternative for your body to meet its nutritional requirements.
Multivitamins now come in different forms. Tropicaloasis.com, for example, sells multivitamins in liquid form. Other suppliers in the market also offer multivitamins in capsule and pill forms. Chewable multivitamins are also gaining popularity, especially among children.
Aside from the variety, multivitamins can help you stay fit and healthy. Here’s how:
1. Increased Energy Levels
Regardless of your daily routines, your energy levels play a vital role in your productivity. Feeling sluggish when you wake up and having low energy levels throughout the day can compromise your productivity. Low energy levels can also result in fatigue and can trigger several medical conditions, such as anemia, heart disease, and celiac disease.
Multivitamins can combat fatigue and boost your energy levels. Taking multivitamins every day is a life-saver, especially for people who aren’t fond of waking up early in the morning or for those who feel groggy when they wake up.
Multivitamins serve as your quick fix to boost and maintain your body’s natural energy levels. Starting the day with high energy levels will improve your productivity and keep stress at bay.You should never skip this step because the excessive consumption of certain vitamins and minerals can only do more harm than good.
If you’re looking forward to taking multivitamins to boost your energy levels, make sure that you’re buying one that contains the following:
- Magnesium: Magnesium plays a vital role in human nutrition. This vitamin works by breaking down glucose from the food you consume and converting it to energy. Higher magnesium intake can result in higher energy levels.
- Vitamin D: Several studies have proven how Vitamin D can boost a person’s energy levels from within the body’s cells. Vitamin D can enhance the activity of the mitochondria or tiny cellular structures that work as power generators of your cells. Vitamin D can improve how the mitochondria function and create a spike in your energy levels.
- Vitamin C: This vitamin is required for your body to produce carnitine. Carnitine is a fatty acid that’s responsible for burning fats during exercise. Fat can be a source of energy, but your body needs to break these and distribute to different organs in your body. When Vitamin C is present in your body, this process can become easier. On the other side of the coin, if your body lacks Vitamin C, converting fat into energy can become a struggle. Vitamin C deficiency will cause these fats to stay in your arteries, making you feel sluggish and experience fatigue.
2. Healthy Aging
The health requirements of your body will change as you start to age. Since your body will deteriorate once you reach your senior years, you’ll need more vitamins and minerals to function properly. You’ll basically have to combat the natural aging process while making sure that your body still receives adequate vitamins and minerals.
Healthy aging is something that multivitamins can provide. This is especially true if you’re taking multivitamins for a long period.
As mentioned, multivitamins are packed with different vitamins and minerals, and consuming these regularly allows seniors to age healthily. Multivitamins can make up for any nutritional decencies from aging or medications.
Studies have proven that multivitamins can improve cell production and lessen the risk of developing any age-related DNA damage among older consumers.
To promote healthy aging, purchase multivitamins that contain the following:
- Calcium: Calcium is responsible for keeping your bones and teeth strong and healthy. It’s essential for seniors to increase their calcium intake to reduce the risk of developing osteoporosis, diabetes, and bone fractures.
- Folate: Aside from deteriorating bodily functions, seniors will likely experience impaired cognitive functions, as well. Their minds and mental abilities won’t be as sharp once they start to age. Folate, or folic acid, can increase the mental agility of seniors and keep symptoms of dementia at bay. Multivitamins that contain folate can also improve seniors’ memory and slow their mental decline.
- B6: Multivitamins that contain B6 can prevent the development of eye diseases, such as age-related macular degeneration among seniors. It can also prevent clogged arteries and improve seniors’ heart functions. Generally, B6 can prevent your arteries from narrowing, improving your body’s blood circulation.
3. Boosts Immunity
You won’t be able to survive without your immune system as it protects your body from bacteria, parasites, and viruses. A strong immune system keeps you safe and healthy every day. A weak immune system, on the contrary, allows external elements to reign in your body and makes you constantly ill.
Your immune system can make or break the quality of your life, which is why you should exert effort in taking care of it. Taking the right multivitamins can help you achieve this goal easier and faster. As mentioned, multivitamins contain the necessary vitamins and minerals your body needs – these include the nutrition that your immune system needs.
When buying multivitamins to boost your immunity, look out for the following vitamins:
- Vitamin E: Vitamin E is an essential antioxidant that can improve the functions of your immune system. Vitamin E can also protect your cell membranes from any type of damage and allow them to multiply. Higher levels of Vitamin E in your body can mean that your immune system can easily fend off viral infections.
- Vitamin A: Because of its anti-inflammation properties, Vitamin A can enhance your body’s immune function. Vitamin A is a requirement for your immune system’s development and cellular immune responses. Vitamin A also has therapeutic effects of treating various infections and diseases, as well.
- Iron: The primary function of iron is carrying oxygen to different cells in your body. Iron can also improve how your immune system responds to infection because it interferes with bacterial growth in your body.
4. Weight Loss
Obesity is linked to several health problems. Being obese can increase your chances of suffering from type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, cancer, fatty liver disease, and stroke. Obesity can also adversely affect your relationships and decrease your productivity levels. While some people can easily lose weight through diet and exercise, others are struggling to do the same.
If you’ve been unsuccessful in trying to lose weight, adding multivitamins to your diet might be the solution. Aside from providing your body the minerals and vitamins it needs, there are now multivitamins that are specially made to aid people in their weight loss journey.
If you’re planning to utilize multivitamins to help you lose weight, buy products that contain the following vitamins and minerals:
- Fiber: Taking multivitamins that contain fiber will make it easier for you to lose weight. For one, fiber makes you feel full even if you only consumed small amounts of food. Fiber can also promote healthy bowel movement and reduce cholesterol levels. Adding a fiber-enriched multivitamin to your diet can help you lose belly fat even if you’re not making any other changes to your diet. With the weight loss benefits this vitamin provides, it’s no wonder why people are following this kind of diet.
- Green tea extract: Several studies are now surfacing to prove how effective green tea extract is in promoting weight loss. Green tea extract can provide this benefit because it’s actually packed with substances that can help you lose fats. For starters, green tea extract contains caffeine. This is a stimulant that can expedite your body’s fat-burning process and improve your performance when working out.
- Green tea extract can also affect your metabolic rate. This means that once you take multivitamins with green tea extract, your body will burn more calories, even when you’re resting. The longer you take multivitamins containing green tea extracts, the more weight loss benefits you can enjoy.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Aside from sticking to a balanced diet, controlling your hunger and appetite is also important when trying to lose weight. To increase your chances of succeeding in your weight loss journey, look for multivitamins that contain omega-3 fatty acids. These can help you lose weight in a lot of ways. For one, omega-3 fatty acids can reduce hunger. You’ll feel fuller even after two hours of eating. It’ll be very easy for you to lose weight if you’re not hungry all the time. Omega-3 fatty acids can also work well for people who want to lose body fat and build muscles. By regularly taking multivitamins that contain omega-3 fatty acids, you’ll soon notice a reduced waist circumference.
Visit Your Physician First
It’s common to see people around the world who take multivitamins every day. If you’re planning to take the same direction, make sure to visit your physician first. Ask for their recommendation on what multivitamin works best for you.
You should never skip this step because the excessive consumption of certain vitamins and minerals can only do more harm than good.