I have always loved working out. I can never imagine myself not spending a day at the gym. Working up a sweat not only keeps me healthy but keeps me rejuvenated.
I want to get the best gains out of my workout sessions. That is why I decided to use pre workout supplements, so I’ll have more energy to get me going. I know that I can become better.
I asked my friends, and they introduced me to pre workout supplements. They also use pre workout supplements so that they’ll have energy when they work out. They also shared with me some nutrition tips to balance my food intake along with the supplements.
I tried and tested many pre workout supplements. At first, I used those with caffeine thinking that they’d give me the boost that I needed. However, I had problems sleeping at night, so I still ended up feeling tired the next day.
One of my friends said I should try caffeine-free pre workout supplements. So, I researched and interviewed my friends who have been taking supplements. I compared their reactions as to the use of caffeine-free supplements versus those with caffeine.
I learned that caffeine gives you a quick boost but is not that effective. It’s like giving you an adrenalin rush which diminishes quickly. So, I ended up researching again to find the best caffeine-free pre workout supplement suited for my needs. I know that many of you can relate to my predicament, so I’d like to share with you my product recommendations.
My Recommended Products For You
I researched and tested plenty of caffeine-free free workout supplements. With that, I have decided to share with you these products that I have tried. Hopefully, by the end of this article, you can decide which product is best for you.
Out of the ten products I have tested, these products are by far the best caffeine-free pre workout supplements
The Best Among The Rest
I chose the PEScience High Volume Caffeine Free Pump Pre Workout in raspberry-lemonade flavor as the best caffeine-free pre workout supplement. What I love about this product is that it contains essential vitamins. For example, it contains Vitamin C which helps fight sickness and boosts the immune system. Vitamin C is also great for repairing cells.
It also contains Taurine which is a brain vitamin that helps increase mental focus and concentration. I know that I need this so that I can concentrate on finishing my training. This product also contains Ferulic Acid which is an antioxidant and also protects against bone degeneration.
Therefore, the joints are protected from injury during strenuous exercises such as lifts. It also has a dose of L-Arginine which helps relax the blood vessels and improve circulation during a workout.
When circulation is improved, the muscles are more pumped up, resulting to bigger and stronger muscles.
Based on experience, when I started taking this I felt more motivated during workouts. I had enough endurance and strength and even had some energy afterward.
I didn’t feel sore or sluggish after my training session. I could do more reps and more complicated exercises. Before, I used to spend just an hour at the gym. Now, I can extend up to 2 hours. Coupled with a proper diet, I finally got what I wanted.
- Caffeine-free but with energy boosters such as Citrulline
- Contains Leucine which is a useful Branched-Chain Amino Acid that helps regulate protein metabolism which is essential for muscle regeneration
- Loaded with essential vitamins and nutrients as mentioned above
- Fuels your body with energy to finish your workout for an hour or more
- No reported side effects
- Taste is not too good
- Good for only 18 servings or doses
The Next Best Thing
Next on the list is GAT PMP, Next Generation Pre Workout Powder for Intense Performance Gains contains essential vitamins.
This product contains Vitamin E, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, and Zinc which are all essential nutrients when it comes to energy, cell regeneration, and as an immune system booster. These nutrients help in repairing the body cells.
One unique component of this product is Alpha-ketoglutarate which contains the amino acid arginine. This ingredient helps boost athletic performance and endurance.
This product also contains testosterone that helps in bulking up and increases libido. Vitamin E is also known as the “youth” vitamin; it gives you youthful energy and performance.
I liked this supplement because it is rich in nutrients and is great in building muscles. However, I didn’t like the smell; it felt like I was taking medication. I also experienced an upset stomach when using this product.
- More nutrition for muscles
- Testosterone is useful in building muscle mass
- Can supply up to 30 servings
- Some users reported headaches and upset stomach
- Made especially for men, may cause hormonal imbalance in women
- Some say they did not feel added energy or libido
My Recommend Budget Pick
The next product is BSN N.O.-XPLODE Pre-Workout Supplement with Creatine, Beta-Alanine, and Energy which is easy on the budget.
This product gives you 30 servings for a lower price which is easy on the budget.What I like about this product are essential nutrients that give enough power and endurance for a workout. For example, it contains Creatine that supplies energy to the muscles.
It is also very beneficial in increasing lean muscle and endurance. In fact, most of my friends who are bodybuilders swear by this product. Other essential nutrients in this product are Folate, Niacin, Calcium, and Thiamine. Folate, Niacin, and Thiamine are B-vitamins that facilitates cell and tissue growth.
B-Vitamins are also fundamental in fueling our body with energy. Calcium is best for strengthening the bones.
This product was a good deal for me, and I would have loved to use this product. However, I experienced some side effects particularly an upset stomach and bloating.
- Packed with nutrients
- Provides focus, strength, and power
- Plenty of flavors to choose from
- Users have reported allergic reactions such as skin breakouts
- Others have reported side effects such as diarrhea, sleep problems, bloating, and nausea
- Bland taste despite the many flavors
My Recommended Upgrade Pick
Next up is Genius Pre Workout – All Natural Nootropic Preworkout Powder & Caffeine-Free Nitric Oxide Booster with Beta Alanine and Alpha GPC. This product is expensive for only 20 servings but is also power-packed.
What I like about this product is that it has a healthy dose of Nootropics. Nootropics are cognitive enhancers and help improve mental concentration, focus, and motivation which are all needed for an effective workout.
A unique component of this product is Beta Alanine which is another essential nutrient. Beta Alanine is known to increase muscular endurance and prevents lactic acid buildup. Therefore, the muscles won’t easily get tired and bulk up faster.
It also contains Alpha-Glyceryl Phosphoryl Choline (A-GPC) which is among the most active brain nutrients.This is another good product, but I found it too expensive and has too few servings. I also experienced the same side effects as the previous product (stomachache and bloating).
- Effective in giving more energy
- Naturally flavored
- Has only 20 servings
- Some users reported allergic reactions
- Others reported bloating, sore throat, insomnia, and tingling sensations (due to Beta-Alanine)
- Bad taste
Alternative Options For You
I also found other products which are not as high quality as the above, but also have their best features. Feel free to try these other products should the above be out of stock.
Best Vitamin-Packed Caffeine-Free Pre workout supplement
If you want a caffeine-free pre workout supplement that is loaded with vitamins, try Onnit Total Strength and Performance - Stimulant-Free Pre-Workout Supplement in Strawberry Lemonade flavor.
This product is certified by the Banned Substances Control Group and used by athletes and bodybuilders, which means that it is all right to use it before competing.
In fact, professionals such as powerlifters, martial arts specialists, and football players highly recommend this product. This product contains testosterone as one of its active ingredients which is perfect for bulking up.
I have asked around, and most people I know use this product and were satisfied with the results. This formula is also safe to use for both men and women.
I asked my acquaintances about the taste, and they shared that you should mix it with natural fruit juice to make the taste bearable.
There was very few feedback about upset stomachs; they shared that it had something to do with how much food they ate before working out.
- Safe for both men and women
- Certified by the Banned Substances Control Group (BSCG) and is safe to use in competitions
- Contains B-Vitamins and Magnesium which are beneficial for energy and muscle growth
- Free from allergens such as eggs, peanuts, fish, shellfish, and wheat
- Some reported bad taste, but still bearable
- Some reports of upset stomachs and diarrhea
Best Value Caffeine-Free Pre Workout Supplement
High T Black Caffeine Free, Testosterone Booster Pre Workout Hardcore Formulation is unique because it comes in capsule form. You don’t have to worry about weird tastes or not being able to gulp it down.
What’s great about this formula is that it contains nutrients such as Vitamin E, B-Vitamins, and Zinc. Zinc is beneficial in improving immunity and hormone production.
Paired with testosterone, you can be sure that you’ll get bulked up with lean muscles in no time.
Despite being in capsule form, it has a chemical smell that lingers when you take it. The aftertaste is even there when I burp. It affected even the taste of the water.
- Easy to take since it is in capsule form
- Affordable price, considering that there are 120 capsules in a bottle
- You can easily bring it with you to the gym and take it before working out
- Chemical smell that lingers with an aftertaste
- Some users reported side effects of headaches and upset stomachs
- Increased dosage of testosterone may cause hormonal imbalance in women
Best-Tasting Pre Workout Supplement
If you want caffeine-free pre workout supplements without the bad taste, try Do Vitamins Pump Pills. This formula is not just caffeine-free, but also creatine-free. This product has been tested by Labdoor and is certified for Vegans, too.
I’ve also tested this, and I recommended it to my vegan friends, and they loved it! I prefer to drink supplements though because I am motivated to increase my fluid intake.
- No bad taste, no chemical smell, no aftertaste
- Affordable product
- You can bring it with you to the gym should you forget to take it
- Safe to use for both men and women
- Contains no allergens such as wheat, gluten, soy, and dairy
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians
- Some reported upset stomachs after taking it
- Few people reported that it doesn’t work
Best Supplement for Bulking Up
Another alternative to guarantee the bulk is BPI Sports Best BCAA Shredded Caffeine Free Thermogenic Recovery Formula for Lean Muscle Growth. This product is effective in burning fat and building lean muscle.
Since it has citrulline, it helps improve blood and oxygen flow and provides an energy boost. Therefore, your muscles are always pumping resulting in enhanced performance.
This product is rich in Branched-Chain Amino Acids such as Leucine and Isoleucine which aid in protein synthesis for muscle repair. Muscles get damaged during a workout, and BCAAs make their recovery faster.
I used this product a year ago, and it produced the same results. What I did not like about this product is the taste; it is hard to gulp down one serving. I felt like I was throwing away good money for something that I couldn’t bring myself to take. I ended up putting honey to make the taste better but to no avail.
- Has an advanced form of BCAA for optimal absorption and utilization
- Advanced amino acids to avoid muscle breakdown
- Combination of Carnitine and Citrulline burns fat faster and allows you to perform better
- Up to 25 servings
- Some Users have reported a bad taste
- Doesn’t have necessary nutrients such as B vitamins, brain nutrients, and immunity boosters
How to Choose the Best Caffeine-Free Pre Workout Supplement
When I was trying to find the best caffeine-free pre workout supplement, I did much research and interviewed many people. I wanted to make sure that the products that I use are efficient and safe. I understand that there are many people out there who have the same dilemma.
Therefore, I have decided to share some tips on how to choose the best pre workout supplement.
What Are the Effective Ingredients?
When you buy a pre workout supplement, the price is only secondary. You have to check for ingredients that really work and not just offer a placebo effect. You may also want to look for logos that show certification. Search for certifications from NSF, Informed Choice, or Banned Substance Control Group. This means that the products are safe to use even for athletes.
Here’s a quick guide on what you need to look for:
- Creatine – Make sure that your pre-workout supplement has at least 3 grams of Creatine for added strength and endurance
- Beta Alanine – Helps prevent lactic acid buildup; promotes muscle growth and endurance
- Vitamin D – Improves cardiovascular fitness, muscle strength, and fosters faster recovery from exercise
- Magnesium – Promotes muscle contractions and muscle growth
- Peak ATP – Increases strength and power; promotes lean muscles and thickness
- Beetroot – Increases muscle pump and improves endurance
- Citrulline – increases energy and performance; aids in post-workout recovery
- Alpha GPC – cognitive booster that enhances your focus, concentration, and overall performance
What To Avoid
On the other hand, there are also substances that you need to avoid. Your top clue is to stay away from products that indicate “proprietary blend.” Proprietary blends seem as if they have plenty of ingredients but are just placebos.
You may want to watch out for some of the ingredients below as these are dangerous and may cause adverse side effects. They may also cause serious complications such as cancer, cardiac arrest, and liver damage.
Here are some of the ingredients and their claimed effects:
- Synephrine or bitter orange – this is a banned substance for athletes; it is a fat-burning supplement that replaces ephedrine. Among its effects are high blood pressure and resting heart rate.
- Heavy doses of caffeine – may cause danger if you have a heart condition
- Yohimbe – advertised for use on depression, weight loss, and low libidoGreen tea extract powder – used for weight loss
- DMAA – causes high blood pressure, shortness of breath, and tightening of the chest that may lead to a heart attack; it is especially dangerous when paired with caffeine
Based on research, interviews, and experience I have chosen PEScience High Volume Caffeine Free Pump Pre Workout in raspberry-lemonade flavor as the best caffeine-free pre workout supplement. Given the information above, not only is it an effective energy booster, but it also has essential nutrients.
What I like best about this product is that it has natural performance boosters and brain enhancers such as Taurine, Citrulline, and Arginine. It also contains Vitamin C which is effective in fighting sickness and infection.
You can also safely use this with a thermogenic product such as fat burners. It is also affordable even though one container only gives 18 servings. Furthermore, there are sporadic instances of side effects. These side effects are common among those who don’t follow required dosages and intake.
I hope that you have learned a lot from this article and were able to get an idea of what pre workout supplement is best suited for your needs. Please share this article with other fitness enthusiasts. We’d also love to hear your feedback and suggestions.